terms and conditions
Definition of our terminology as used within this document:
- A 'Client' is a person, persons, business or organisation using any of the services provided by Bluehalo.
- 'Live Mode' means the date the website is available on the Client’s chosen domain.
- 'Domain' is the website address as specified by the Client.
- 'Hosting' is a monthly cost to keep a clients website activated online.
- 'Content' is both text and images that the Client requires on the website.
Bluehalo Terms & Conditions
- The contract between Bluehalo and the Client will be on these conditions, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Any variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in writing.
- The works to be carried out shall be as set out in the Bluehalo invoice and quotation.
- Email will be the method of contact with regard to all communication. Although Bluehalo can be contacted by telephone, we will use email as our method of communication and therefore it is the Client's responsibility to inform us of any change in email address so we always have up to date email contact details. Bluehalo can not be held liable in any way relating to communication issues if we are not supplied a valid email address.
- Bluehalo will only commence work on a Project after receipt of a non refundable, 60% deposit of the quoted Project fee from the Client. Bluehalo will also require 40% payment on receiving the Content Management System login details.
- The deposit paid to Bluehalo covers the cost of design work carried out as well as any admin work and communication with Bluehalo. The deposit is non refundable.
- Flash animation refers to one flash animation display is included in your website, including fading and sliding text and images.
- Bluehalo will add more web pages to your website for £45 + VAT per page.
- Bluehalo will design your logo for your site, this includes the name of your website as the Client states in a font which suits your website design. Emblems for your logo can be designed for an additional fee.
- Bluehalo shall expect the Client to carry out sufficient research before proceeding with a website. This will include checking that the website/idea/business will operate legally. It is important that the website is not in any way illegal.
- It is important for the Client to keep in contact with Bluehalo throughout the entire Project. If a Client does not make contact for 6 weeks we will make every attempt to contact the client by email using the email address specified when the client went ahead. If we do not receive a response to these attempts of contact the Project may be terminated, and the deposit will not be refunded. Where images used on the website have been purchased by Bluehalo on behalf of the Client, these images are strictly for use on the website only.
- Bluehalo are not liable for misuse of these images by the Client or any other person’s copying, altering or distributing the images to individuals or other organisations.
- Bluehalo will host the website if the Client requires us to do so and on receipt of the final 40% payment. In doing so, Bluehalo will endeavour to provide a reliable and professional service to the Client at all times but do not guarantee that the website Hosting will be available at all times, especially in the event of a technical failure beyond our control.
- Bluehalo cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the Client's business operation, sales, or profitability that might be claimed is a result of a service offered by Bluehalo.
- Where asked to provide search engine optimisation for a Client, Bluehalo do not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking on search engines.
- Bluehalo will provide the Client with an expected completion date for the Project (live on the internet) if requested. Bluehalo will endeavour to meet any given deadline, but do not guarantee and are not bound in any way to complete the Project by this date.
- All images displayed on the Client's website will only be used after authorisation by the Client, and are the sole responsibility of the Client regarding usage and copyright. Should any legal issues or claims arise from the content or copyright of any images supplied by the Client or Bluehalo, they will be the sole responsibility of the Client.
- Up To 5 Pages website package includes 1 hour initial design and 1 hour design changes. Changes thereafter will be charged at £45 + VAT / hour. Up To 10 Pages website package includes 1 hour initial design and 1 hour design changes. Changes thereafter will be charged at £45 + VAT / hour. Ecommerce website package includes 2 hours initial design and 1 hour design changes. Changes thereafter will be charged at £45 + VAT / hour.
- Domain names will be registered in the name of the client and also registered to the Bluehalo current address. The Client is the legal owner of the domain.
- You are entitled to 1 domain name within your website package. More domain names can be purchased for £14.99 each and a renewal of £14.99 per annum.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to renew their domain names when due. If a domain name expires, Bluehalo can not be held liable for this. Bluehalo will send out a renewal invoice 3 months prior to the expiration date. Payment must be received in order for the domain to be renewed.
- The first 3 months of the Clients hosting is free, this starts from the day the Content Management System details are issued and the website is made live. After the first 3 months there is a monthly hosting charge of £6.97. Hosting includes 5Gb traffic and 5Gb of web space per month. Highly reliable and secure hosting for your site. If the monthly hosting charge is not paid and if Bluehalo cannot contact the Client the website will be temporarily taken offline. To re-activate the website the outstanding payment will need to be paid as well as a £75 + VAT re-activation fee.
- The site is coded and sent to the Client. Any tweaks or updates can be made to the site if they have time left within the specified time allocated to the project which is stated on your invoice. Coding and design time thereafter is charged at £75 + VAT per hour.
- If the Client does not use Bluehalo Hosting services, then the content management system cannot be accessed.
- Should a Client wish to move Hosting away from Bluehalo or transfer a Domain name away from Bluehalo, an admin charge will be issued, which must be paid before the transfer takes place.
- The Client is entitled to 5 email accounts within their website package this may include mailboxes, forwards to another email account and a catch-all email account. More email accounts can be purchased for an additional fee.
- Bluehalo will implement the web pages content as provided by the Client. Any amendments to this content will be changed by the Client via the Content Management System. Bluehalo can update this for the Client for a fee.
- The Client will enter all category, sub-category and product information via the Content Management System. Bluehalo can update this information for the Client for a fee.
- Bluehalo has no control of, or responsibility for, the content of Clients’ websites. In no way does the textual or image based Content of our Client's web sites constitute Bluehalo endorsement, or approval of the website or the material contained within the website. Bluehalo has not verified any of the materials, images or information contained within our Client's web sites and is not responsible for the content or performance of these sites or for the Client's transactions with them. Bluehalo provides links or references to our Client's websites solely for the convenience of prospective customers and intends that the links it provides be current and accurate, but does not guarantee or warrant that such links will point to the intended Client site at all times.
- Bluehalo are not liable for loss, damage or corruption to files or information stored on its servers or individual PCs relating to a Client's website. The Client is solely responsible for any information or files relating to its website.
- If a Domain name is purchased by the Client through a company other than, Bluehalo the Client has full responsibility in making sure that the domain name is renewed when due.
- With all Bluehalo website packages there is a 12 month minimum contract from date the Content Management System details are issued.
- Bluehalo makes no claims that the contents of this website may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside England and Wales. Access to this website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If this website is accessed from outside of the United Kingdom, it is done at own risk and the visitor is responsible for compliance with the relevant laws of the visitor’s jurisdiction. The terms and conditions of this website are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Jurisdiction for any claims arising in respect of this website’s Content shall lie exclusively with the courts of England. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.